Tuesday, December 11, 2012

dresser: before and after.


Just wanted to show off my newest project i've been working on..
I re-did my dresser!
My dad had it in his garage for god only knows how long.. collecting dust. So I took it and promised I would one day revamp it.
It took me forever, since I work a lot, so I could only do a little here and there.
 Besides, gold and yellow? So ugly.
(I have a night stand table as well,
but I only took pictures of the actual dresser.)
I'm so happy that it's finally done, I absolutely love it! :) 




BEFORE:


AFTER:

 
 


sooo easy, just time consuming.
 these are my step-by-step directions for anyone 
that has trouble getting started..



step 1: remove handles and wipe down the dresser and all drawers.

step 2: sand until all surfaces are rough feeling, then wipe down again to remove any access dust.

step 3: tape off anything you don't want paint on.

step 4: paint first coat and allow to dry. once dry, paint over anything you missed until all is smooth. (my paint already had primer in it, but I still went over everything twice.)

step 5: while drying, I spray painted all the drawer handles black. once dry, I went over them a second time. I also spray painted the mirror.

step 6: screw all handles back on put drawers back and you're finished!!  




DURING:





 
 ..and another one




looks soooo much better!!

enjoy!! :D



xoxo
lindsey ellen 

No comments:

Post a Comment